Want to earn money from your own home? Have kids!

Copyright © 2009-2017 Porpe.com

Submitted by brad on Sat, 01/09/2010 - 00:25


There are (at least) two types of money the government here gives to people with kids. One, the UCCB, goes to everyone. $100 a kid. I don't think I need a top up from the government but whatever. $300 a month? Sure. The other, CCTB, is based on income. I have never gotten that.  However, since having my third kid, I've been informed we qualify.  Got our first retroactive cheque already.  Apparently, the government feels I don't make enough to adequately provide for three children.  Suffice it to say - I disagree.  I'm all for helping the less fortunate, but we've been funding people like me hundreds of dollars a month?  People like me don't need funding. Sure, any money helps, but I'd get by without it. For me, it means the difference between whether or not we buy a Wii that month. Not whether or not my kids eat.  This is where a portion of our tax dollars go? On the other hand, thank-you, each and every one of you, for helping me feed and clothe my kids. Let me know when you file your taxes this year; I'll get you a thank-you card.  Maybe this month I'll get a PS3. For the children.